Friday, March 30, 2007

Henning Kraggerud


Henning Kraggerud was the soloist in Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto played at last night's Halle Thursday Series Concert. And what a performance he gave! Exciting, brilliant, sensitive, heartfelt are just some of th adjectives that come to mind as this sensational young norwegian found his way round this virtuoso war horse. This is the first time that I have heard this thirty four year old (though I believe that he has played with the Halle several times before) and I look forward to hearing him play again! Meanwhile I shall have to content myself with listening to three Naxos compact discs in which he plays and which I have now ordered: 'Norwegian Violin Favourites'; 'Grieg - Violin Sonatas Nos 1 - 3 ' and the "Sibelius; Sinding - Violin Concertos" Can't wait.

No comments: